Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Catching Fire

Last Thursday I went and saw the second instalment of The Hunger Games trilogy; Catching Fire and I, along with many many MANY others, absolutely loved it!

Two words: Caesar's Laugh!

Fangirl-ing aside, I thought the sequel took a major step up in the content and over-all mood compared to the first one. I was able to get in to the story on a more mature level and less on "oh this is just another teen romance type movie" like I did going in to the first one. But just to clarify, both films are great. There were some great intense scenes in Catching Fire, the high stakes were what kept me intrigued and Jennifer Lawrence is amazing as always!

Now I'm not much of a reader so I only made it halfway through the first book and gave up, mainly because I was extremely pre-occupied with school at the time, but I also find I take forever to read a book and more times than none, lose interest. Sorry. But luckily I have a wonderful group of friends who do read religiously and I get my sources of information from them. Thank you lovely ladies! You know who you are.

So I'm sure, for those of you who have read the series, some may or may not have a few bones to pick as to what they left out of the films and what not... but I gotta say, based on my sources, they did what they had to do and still stayed true to the books and that's what I like to see **cough cough** Immortal Instruments **cough cough**.

All in all, I didn't think this would be a trilogy that I would enjoy as much as I do, and I was gladly surprised when I saw the first film. I can't wait to watch the third instalment when it comes out as I have heard good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment